Tuesday, May 23, 2006

why this is here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdMHpy6bgLM&search=spinal%20tap

Before anyone goes and gets all technical and bent out of shape with the reference to the blog title and tried to mention to me that the great Nigel Tufnel did not actually say "But"...well I know. I can't claim to be original so some other techno savy nerd already beat me to that domain name. So I improvised - that is life in a nutshell sometimes I guess. You think you are all alone on your idea island, only you can think of something so great, but then you realize you are just one of a thousand shmoes who had the same idea, only someone already beat you to the punch. Well you can hunker back down on your island all sad that you now know that there is civilization out there with grilled food, cold drinks, and other people. Or you can just adapt and jump on the next boat off your island and make your way in the crazy world of lemmings, add your own spice offerings to the grill, choose your own style of cold beverage and following long enough to not jump off the cliff.

So basically I am going to use this space when I need to go to 11. If something goes on the world that I think needs my persective added to it, then I will share it and whoever reads it can do what ever they want to with it. (like anyone will read it) If there is something on the web that I think should be shared maybe I will.

the links are to places I often wonder when I am bored at work or need a break. orbiz pool is a great time killer, and mcsweeny's offers some funny satire and sometimes humor that is frankly above my knowledgebase. of course the astros and espn speak for themselves.

If something comes up where I need to go to 11, then I will be back then. In the meantime enjoy Nigel's interview.

1 Comments:

At May 24, 2006 8:20 AM, Blogger 1literatimommy said...

You are a funny guy, mm! I know where jm gets his sense of humor!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home