Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Return of the Rocket

The money brought him back - and the stros desperately need him, so I am glad Roger Clemens has decided to pitch for the stros again. Hopefully he will help them contend for the wild card again. There is little to no hope of winning the division unless something happens to the great albert in st. louis.

I can still remember where I was when I first heard the news that the astros were going to sign Clemens in 2004. I was in the car on the way to lunch with Jodi and Jackson at a chinese place near UTA. It is crazy how you can remember somethings so clearly. Not as much of an impact this time around for me.

What we really need is to pull the trigger and get a good bat to help out Berkman. The offense is woeful and could be the stros undoing again. It seems like for the last 10-15 years (the bagwell/biggio era) we have continually had good teams but lacked that one thing to be great.

Here is hoping that the rocket can get them back in the playoffs, because as everyone knows anything can happen in the playoffs, but nothing can happen if you aren't in them.

And it looks like I was a bit early in writing off the suns. I didn't think bell would return. But I still believe the mavs pull this out in 6. The little general will not let that performance affect them.

1 Comments:

At May 31, 2006 1:51 PM, Blogger 1literatimommy said...

I remember, too, only because after being married to you for eight years, I think that was the first time I'd ever truly understood your passion for baseball.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home