Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The non-christmas christmas

this year it just hasn't felt like christmas. maybe because there have been santa claus signs since before thanksgiving, maybe because it was 80 degrees this weekend or maybe because I haven't done a lick of christmas shopping and it is dec 20 or maybe because i feel swamped at work or once I am home I feel like I am always racing to catch up.

whatever it is I am looking forward to the actual day of christmas. because being with family and seeing molly and jack open presents will make it feel like christmas no matter what else is going on in the world around me.

today I visted a friend who's son named Ryan has been in cook children's for 8 weeks this friday. Ryan has a long road ahead recovering from a serious brain injury, but he has made significant progress. Visting Ryan was a stark reminder that it is hard not to get caught up in the world around us...but the people that are dear to us are what matters.

To my family I look forward to seeing everyone and hugging your necks over christmas. To my dear friends - many of whom I don't see or talk to near enough - please know that I think of you often and hope you get to enjoy the company of the ones you hold dear this christmas day.

Merry Christmas!

1 Comments:

At December 20, 2006 1:58 PM, Blogger 1literatimommy said...

It will be wonderful when we can spend christmas together. but, i agree, something about htis christmas just hasn't felt quite right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home