Monday, November 20, 2006

The Dr. will see you now...

A new thing in our house is going to see Dr. Molly. Her Nana and Papa gave her a doctor's kit complete with stethoscope, scalpel, thermometer, clamp, tweezers and who knows what else. So now Dr. Molly will come over and diagnose you as being "sick". So if you are "sick" it is then time for "pration" (or operation to you and me).

An operation by Dr Molly is very efficient. Frist you have to lay down. If you resist, and it is futile to resist, she will just push you down. Then she checks your heart with the stethoscope, then asks for you to lift your shirt so she can properly operate on your stomach. She then searches for the scalpel and make a few precision cuts (and yes a plastic scalpel can still hurt a bit). While she makes the cuts there is a little sound effect along with it...kind of like a "swish" sound.

So after a few cuts then she will sew you up and check your heart again and send you on your way. Although every time I go see her she just tells me I am sick again and I have to have another 'pration. I think she is in cahoots with someone at an insurance company.

The other day when I was having my 'pration I pretended to be scared and cry. Out of nowhere Jack runs over and lays on top of me and says "Don't cry Daddy, I am here. You don't have to be scared." I can't tell you how much I loved that reaction from him. I know he was just replaying out what I said to him when he had to go to the hospital and get stitches, but those unexpected outpourings of love are something to treasure.

I hope that whatever my kids grow up to be, whether a doctor (Molly) or salesman (Jack is quite the deal maker) they don't lose the ability to love others as freely as they do as children.

2 Comments:

At November 20, 2006 3:17 PM, Blogger 1literatimommy said...

Great post. Dr. Molly is a hoot. We are surely blessed.

 
At November 22, 2006 8:36 AM, Blogger angie c said...

good stuff. I'm sure she has a whole operation going with the insurance co, a chiropractor, and Jim Adler.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home