Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Amazing Race Update

I lost steam on updating the amazing race...but unlike studio sixty (which didn't make it to the DVR series recordings and because it didn't was not watched at all after the pilot episode - which I liked. if anyone is watching this give me some feedback if I should jump back in) I have continued to watch week to week and it is still the most entertaining show I watch.

Having said that...the episodes haven't had the same spark as the first ones where they just drove me to blog on them. That and I have been a lazy blogger.

Let me sum up the episodes from 3 until 12. The six pack was a drag and everyone hates blondes. So the geographic teams (Alabama and Kentucky) and the cho bros all teamed up and began to just whip us with team attitude. To the point where it was only a matter of time until they started dropping like flies because they were all so weak.

But low and behold...once free of the six pack, team Alabama has begun to assert themselves and is now the first all female team to have a shot at winning the amazing race. If last year is any indication, it isn't necessarily about brawn in winning the prize. So I am thinking they have a pretty good shot at getting this done.

But the team everyone thought would be the first all female team to win the amazing race - the beauty queen blondes - didn't make the cut. I think they were smart and they were athletic, but their downfall was their pride. They didn't actually think that a team like Alabama could beat them and then they made a crucial mistake - of course it involved driving and that got them put in last place. Then in last nights episode they finally picked a detour that didn't pan out and ended up in last place and out of the race.

So now we have two moms from Alabama, the dysfunctional dating couple who will be in marriage counseling at best and divorced at worst in 5 years, and Zoolander and Hansel vying for the $1 million prize.

If pressed to make a pick I am going to go with Zoolander and Hansel, because I think they will break out Blue Steel and turn left just when they need too.



And if you go back and check my earlier posts I was high on this team from the beginning and did think that the one-legged runner would falter along the way. Although I thought that Kimberly would have already left Rob at this point...but hey I guess a million can keep you together.

3 Comments:

At December 06, 2006 2:37 PM, Blogger 1literatimommy said...

I love it. I am going with Bama cause that is who I want to win!

 
At December 08, 2006 4:51 PM, Blogger angie c said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At December 08, 2006 4:52 PM, Blogger angie c said...

Sorry. I'm not with you on that show. No clue. I do like the Zoolander reference. Derelick ..$%#%&.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home