Friday, June 15, 2007

Happy 2nd Birthday Molly!

Today is Molly Ann's 2nd birthday...where has the time gone? Sometimes I feel like she should be older than 2 with how much she talks and interacts with us, but then other times I wonder how did that little baby already get so big?

This morning we gave Molly a Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz dress that her very talented Nana made her, a basket with a stuffed Toto and some ruby slippers. She proceded to dance through the house singing somewhere over the rainbow and we're off to see the wizard.

Last year at Molly's birthday I was changing jobs, a bit nervous about it all. And since I have been here it has been a lot of work, constant changes and challenges. But there has been a constant that I look forward to each and every day. When I get home and my key hits the door, I can hear my baby girl scream "daddy's home" and start running to the door. I then get a big hug and get to hear stories about what she and jack and sometimes, the monkey or the tin man, or the ghost, or other creature has been doing that day.

So today we will celebrate Molly and give her some gifts and eat some cake. But I will be hard pressed to ever give her a gift that means as much as her welcome home hugs mean to me.

Happy birthday baby girl!

 
 
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At June 15, 2007 12:03 PM, Blogger Cody said...

Molly is 2. Holy cow. Doesn't seem like she should be 2 already. Time flies by too fast these days.

 
At June 15, 2007 3:39 PM, Blogger 1literatimommy said...

she does scream for you! it is so cute.

 
At June 25, 2007 9:20 AM, Blogger angie c said...

She is a diva. Happy B-day Molly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home