Sunday, January 27, 2008

Leisure Eaters

Sometimes after church, ok make it often, we end up going out to eat. A number of times that takes us to Taco Bueno. So it was today. We order, get our food and proceed to chow down.

After about 20 minutes, Jodi, Jack and I are all through. But Molly, that is another story. Molly is a leisure eater. She enjoys the experience of dinning with others and their company. This isn't just a Sunday after church thing either...it is at home for lunch, at dinner at Nana and Papa's basically anywhere there is food and people...Molly is going to take her time and soak it in.

So I begin to play a little game. Basically I would wait until she hadn't taken a bite for a minute and ask, "Are you done?". The answer always was... "Not yet!" and as she would say it...hand straight for a chip.

I told her she needed to move to Italy with the leisure eaters. That she would fit in well there. A few minutes pass...and MOlly beings to whine a bit. And in her best little girl voice...

"Daddy, I don't want to go to Italy",

"Why Molly,"

"Because the leisure eaters will eat me."

Ahh...the english language and a little girl's mind.

4 Comments:

At January 28, 2008 9:40 AM, Blogger Lisa Renee said...

That cracks me up! I am a fellow leisure eater, much to the entire Phillips family's dismay. They are fast at everything and I have ALWAYS been the last one to finish. Its a runnning joke with my FIL, who will eat and then say, "You ready to go, to everyone and then look straight at me." So far Ty has taken after me as well and in almost every other way, sadly for him....

 
At January 28, 2008 10:34 AM, Blogger debrabain@sbcglobal.net said...

Mike, that is so funny - What are you going to do with that little mind? It is so creative! I love Molly stories!

 
At January 29, 2008 7:19 AM, Blogger Nicole B said...

They would DEFINITELY eat that little stinker up!

 
At January 29, 2008 8:36 PM, Blogger bettysue said...

That's the best of you and Jodi! Which one of y'all is the leisure eater? Dale always was at our house, still is! I'm thinking Sean is too, so it must NOT be a Whitehorn thing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home