Tuesday, September 11, 2007

First day of school

Today will be Molly's first day at pre-school! I hope the school is ready for her. She is going to melt everyone's heart of course...but she does have her mother's ornery tendencies. Jack will be going back again...he says reluctantly. I think he will thrive at school. It is a funny thing to want to see your kids do well away from you. At least for me I have to suppress my desire to keep them safe by my side...knowing I can protect them. At the same time I relish in the new steps that they take and how they grow.

Jodi is being super mom this week...getting all the school supplies for two, getting them set up for lunches, taking them to school, and then preparing for and teaching a class at junior college and also reading and studying some really smart english stuff about utopia or distopia or native americans or how your brain interprets words and what the authors meant or all of the above. I am lucky to have her.

And thanks to a good friend we have vip tickets to grapefest this week in grapevine. So for a few hours we will try to enjoy something that doesn't have to do with work or school...but instead with cotton candy, funnel cakes, free food and maybe a little wine too.

5 Comments:

At September 11, 2007 3:54 PM, Blogger 1literatimommy said...

grapefest, here we come! yeah!

 
At September 12, 2007 6:24 PM, Blogger Lisa Renee said...

How fun! A date or a family affair? Hope all went well for the kiddoes. She (your wife) IS one special girl!

 
At September 13, 2007 10:32 AM, Blogger angie c said...

Tell the fam hello for me. I miss all the free stuff! Glad you are taking advantage for me.
k

 
At September 17, 2007 12:14 PM, Blogger Wags said...

Mike,

I am coming to Dallas in October to recruit, we need to connect sometime before that time. It will be a fairly short trip. I would e-mail you.......but.....well you know my abilities with technology, I am sure I have an e-mail address that works for you.......somewhere!

 
At September 17, 2007 1:03 PM, Blogger debrabain@sbcglobal.net said...

Michael, oh Michael - you left out the part about Molly getting a boyfriend on her FIRST day of school - one that she REALLY loves!!!!!!!!
This is going to be so much fun to sit back and watch!!!! Love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home