Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Uniforms

Maybe this is an insight into why I like Project Runway, but I do have a fascination with sports uniforms and logos. Mainly the sports I follow - football, baseball and basketball.

I have added a link to the side bar to a blog called Uniwatch. Paul Lukas writes a column for ESPN some times and even though it can get fairly tedious sometimes, most of the times it is really interesting.

Growing up in houston I have endured some fairly dubious uniforms. Like these:




So needless to say I haven't been able to be a fan of the best uniforms in the country. I used to love the houston oilers uniforms. When houston got a new team the most exciting part of it to me was what were they going to call it and what were the uniforms going to be. I think they went middle of the road with both. They could have done a lot more with the opportunity and colors.

Sadly,I have always thought that the cowboys have the best logo in the league. Simple, classic and you have no doubt who it is.



In baseball it doesn't get more classic than the yankees. No one pulls off pinstripes like they can. But to me baseball is all about the caps. The one thing that most normal people will walk around wearing.

And I have always loved the detroit scripted D - especially their old away caps with the orange D, and the Boston B. But it is hard to buy these caps when you support other teams.

For those that like sports stylings check out the Uniwatch column on ESPN or at his blog.

2 Comments:

At August 25, 2006 8:04 AM, Blogger 1literatimommy said...

sports uniforms! it makes me laugh every time i see old school colt uniforms. i always think of you.

 
At August 30, 2006 11:57 AM, Blogger angie c said...

It was so important even in little league. Getting the uniform was the BEST part of the season. Those old Astros unis were pretty bad, but now they are cool. Classic is the best, which is why it's hard to like the Texans. Too new and maybe a little too fancy pants? I liked the Detriot had b/c Magnum PI wore it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home